Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week 27: Down to the last trimester

Yikes! Third trimester is here. Where has all the time gone?!

We're making good progress towards relocating my parents here.  That said, some logistics can only be sorted out in order: Making room for our live-in helper, shifting some of our furniture to my parents' new place nearby and setting up the baby nursery. Maybe we'll do an IKEA run next week?

I officially applied for maternity leave from work - 3 months off followed by a 3 day flexi-work week for 2 months.  One colleague gave me a new baby bottle steriliser once I start mixing breast and bottle feeding upon my return to work. Thank God for a supportive work-life environment, friends and family! 

From now on, I should gain a pound or ~500g a week which puts my final estimated weight gain at 13-14 kg - on par for most Asian pregnancies.  I haven't done a glucose screening test yet (supposedly done between weeks 24-28) as my regular urine tests have been normal so far. Will check with the doc on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment