Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week 38: Showtime?!

I've been reading others' birth stories lately and while each one is truly amazing, they're also unique - with signs/stages of labor happening anywhere from several weeks to several hours, some felt not at all, some all at once! 

So far, my pre/early labor symptoms seem rather staggered. While this prolongs the anxiety (and excitement!), it's also manageable and has bought precious time for me to get "ready." Just this week, I had a day of severe bladder pressure, diarrhea and constipation; a burst of restless energy for ~48 hours after, sharp abdominal cramps last night, and then this morning --- the much read-about bloody show!

Doc is back just in time evidently.  At our scheduled CTG scan today, she said labor is imminent but sent us out to observe any bleeding and of course, timing of contractions. After that, I snuck in a nice lunch with the hubby, cut my hair and removed my toenail polish (hah, yes important stuff!) before I couldn't take it anymore and headed home. So far the pain recurs every 5-10 mins, lasting 30-45 sec .... but don't feel anything like those Braxton Hicks contractions!  More like major period cramps? Argh.

Let's see how today goes... and wish us and our pumpkin luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment